Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alex's 3rd Birthday

Dennis had to work on Alex's birthday, so we gave him his presents and went to the Hands on Museum in Ann Arbor the day before. The blog was being a pain, so I couldn't include any pictures from that day, but the link to see all the pictures is at the bottom of the blog, as always.
On Alex's actual birthday, I took the boys to Southland Mall, so Alex could buy something at the Disney Store. The pacifier fairy had come by and left him money in exchange for his 'blue'. He picked a Webkinz Crocodile and named her Isabella after a character on his new favorite TV show, Phineas and Ferb. We ended up at Meijer where he asked to look at the fish, like always. While we were looking at them, he told me that "A fish make me so happy on my birthday." How could I say no to that? So , since I had already picked him up a tank at a garage sale for $1, I figured what will $6.50 hurt?This is Alex with his fish $80 later. The tank I got leaked on the counter, so I had to run back to Meijer and pick up a new one, and some rocks. Then I thought about how Alex asked me if we should take his fish back to the store because "he will miss his family." and I just had to pick up another fish... but just look how happy he is.
So, this is Phineas and Ferb. The goldfish was our first purchase, which Alex picked out and quickly named Phineas and I picked out the little one (with the help of the lady at Meijer). When I came home with the new tank, I said "Alex, look what else I got you." He looked at the bag in my hand and said "Ferb!"
This is Alex with his new friends Phineas and Ferb the fish. He woke up this morning, after going to sleep without 'blue' with no tears, and screamed "MOM", then stopped and I heard him say "Good morning fish, you have to sing me my birthday song." I just love my little Alex.

Here's the link to the museum pictures,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your fish! We started out w/ 2 but now we have just 1. I also LOVE the Mater bed, it is too cute!!!

Annie and Rojelio said...

excellent story. good exchange, ol' blue for the fish. hope they live forever!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe it. What a great haircut, Matt (and Alex, well,...lol). I love your fish, and the story that goes along with it! The mural that your mom did is amazing. Joe has the ability to do that. He's done it on a friend's wall. I'm just waiting for him to do it for Tyler. Oh well, life keeps you busy.