Monday, August 11, 2008

Detroit Zoo

Today the boys and I went to the Detroit Zoo with my parents, niece and nephews. Alex dressed himself. The costume was already put away in the garage, I'm not sure why he even thought of it, but the first thing I heard from him over the monitor when he woke up was "Mom, I need to be Tigger. I need my Tigger costume for the zoo. Tigger love to go to the zoo you know." I love Alex, he keeps life interesting.
Grama & Matt. Matt enjoyed looking at the animals, he was pointing and jabbering away about what he was seeing, smiling and, of course, flapping his arms.
Alex & Pa on the train ride to the front of the zoo. We did a lot of walking, but took the train back to give our legs a rest. Alex couldn't have been happier. Matt even enjoyed the ride and was laughing and trying to hang as far out of the train as I would let him.
Okay, so there isn't anyone in this picture, but it was at the zoo. These were in front of the wolverine exhibit and I just love these flowers.

If you would like to see all of the pictures from the zoo, here is the link

1 comment:

Annie and Rojelio said...

i love that you let alex express his fashion sense so freely, the mixed-matched sandles are a nice final touch alex!